Li Ion Technology Transfer
This RFQ document for Technology Transfer of Lithium-ion cells intends to qualify and shortlist suitable industries in India/Start-ups based on eligibility criteria through an open evaluation process in accordance with the procedures set out in the document.
Presently, Lithium-ion battery is the most dominating battery system which finds applications for a variety of societal needs including mobile phones, laptops, PDA, cameras and many other portable consumer gadgets. Recent advances in Li-ion battery technology have made it the preferred power source for electric and hybrid electric vehicles also. Li-ion cells find wide applications in electronic gadgets, telecommunication, industrial applications as well as in aerospace.
VSSC, ISRO is now offering to transfer this technology to competent Indian Industries/Start-ups on non-exclusive basis to establish Li-ion cell production facilities in the country that can produce cells of varying size, capacity, energy density and power density catering to the entire spectrum of power storage requirements.
The interested parties/consortia should make an application in accordance with the provisions of this RFQ. The RFQ contains a brief description of qualification process & technology transfer process, instructions to applicants, eligibility criteria, timelines and various forms for submitting RFQ. Interested applicants shall attend a pre-application conference (PAC) scheduled on July 13, 2018. All queries or request for additional information concerning the RFQ shall be attended only in the pre-application conference. The venue and time will be intimated later. The schedule of various activities related to qualification process are as follows:
|1||Release of RFQ||June 13, 2018|
|2||Last date for registration of pre-application conference||June 28, 2018|
|3||Pre-application conference||July 13, 2018|
|4||Last date of submission of RFQ||August 13, 2018|
|5||Opening of RFQ||August 14, 2018|
- The RFQ document can be obtained against a non-refundable and interest-free payment of Rs.25,000/-.
- The document will be mailed to your registered e-mail ID from VSSC on receipt of payment.
- A Security Deposit of Rs.4 lakhs in the form of demand draft/bank guarantee has to be submitted by each applicant along with the application.
- Security Deposit of unsuccessful applicants or withdrawn applications will be returned, without any interest.
- Competent Firm's Security Deposit shall be adjusted against the technology transfer fee of Rs.100 lakhs.
- Competent firms shall pay the one time technology transfer fee of Rs. 100.00 lakhs(INR) within 30 days from the qualification date.
- Technology shall be transferred to all/any of the competent firms who qualify the eligibility criteria as specified in the RFQ.The required process documents shall be provided by ISRO at the time of signing of technology transfer agreement and payment of technology transfer fee.
PF-108 is a special grade liquid phenolic matrix resin which is used as a precursor for production of silica phenolic throat inserts for the liquid engines of ISRO launch vehicles. These materials may also find potential industrial applications in bonding, sealing,coating,potting, laminating, molding, etc..
PF-106 is a resol type thermosetting phenol-formaldehyde polymer used for processing high temperature resistant ablative materials such as carbon phenolic and silica phenolic composites. PF 106 is a high temperature curing resin which has excellent ablative properties and char strength.
MEMS Acoustic Sensor
MEMS Acoustic sensor is used for monitoring the Acoustic Levels generated during the launch of a satellite launch vehicle. It is a piezoelectric MEMS sensor with built-in electronics. MEMS technology enables miniature devices to be precision batch fabricated.
PC-10 Thermal Protection System
PC-10 Thermal Protection System (TPS) is silicone polymer based compound, which are good ablative thermal insulators. These compounds are room temperature curing systems which can be applied by brushing, spraying and putty blade. The remarkable features of the system include good thermal, chemical and ageing resistance and compatibility with wide variety of substrates.
New Technologies on Offer for Know-How Transfer
New technology offers from ISRO for know-how transfer to industries. Technologies in Chemical, Electronics, Mechanical and Materials, Sensors, Antenna, Application and Software domains are available for know-how transfer to industries. For more details please download the pdf.