1. Which launch vehicle was used to launch Chandrayaan-2?
Chandrayaan-2 was launched by GSLV MK-III M1 launch vehicle.
2.When Chandrayaan-2 was launched?
Chandrayaan-2 was launched onboard GSLV MkIII-M1 on July 22, 2019 from Sriharikota.
3. After launch, when Vikram landing was attempted on the lunar surface?
The landing of Vikram lander on the lunar surface was attempted on September 7th 2019.
4. What is the life of Chandrayaan-2 orbiter?
The precise launch and mission management has ensured a long life of almost 7 years instead of the planned one year.
5. Whether Chandrayaan-2 carried a camera, which is the best so far?
One of the payloads on Chandrayaan-2 orbiter is the Orbiter High Resolution Camera (OHRC) with a spatial resolution of 25cm from a 100 km orbit.It provides the sharpest images ever, from a lunar orbital platform.
6. Where can I access Chandrayaan-2 payload data for science usage?
Chandrayaan-2 payload data is made available to public through PRADAN portal hosted by Indian Space Science Data Centre (ISSDC).It can be accessed from https://pradan.issdc.gov.in. website.
7. What is Sarabhai crater on the Moon?
Sarabhai is a circular bowl shaped crater on Mare Serenitatis in the north east of Moon. The crater co-ordinates are 24.74N, 21.00E.This crater is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, father of Indian Space program. Chandrayaan-2 imaged this crater on 30th July 2020.
8. Is there a plan to land on the Moon again?
Chandrayaan-3 is a follow-on mission to Chandrayaan-2 with Lander and rover configuration. It will attempt safe and soft-landing on the southern high latitudes on the Moon.