Centre of Excellence on Advanced Mechanics of Materials
Indian Space Research Organisation has entered into an MoU with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on 11th May 2018 for setting up of a Centre for Excellence (CoE) on Advanced Mechanics of Materials to pursue advanced research in the areas of relevance to the future technological and programmatic needs of the Indian Space Programme. A Joint Management Committee (JMC) Chaired by Director, IISC and Co-Chaired by Director, CBPO, ISRO HQ along with other members from IISc and ISRO was constituted to review and monitor the ongoing research projects/ activities and to provide overall policy guidance and research directions to the CoE.
Research work has been initiated in the area of
- Non classical continuum mechanics: Geometric and data driven models for space applications
- Determination of residual stresses for manufactured components
- Translated manufacturing for microstructure configured component design
- Modeling of adhesively bonded joints and
- Analysis of polymer nano composites using non local theories