Specific areas of interest
The major areas of interest are listed against each instrument. The below-mentioned topics are only indicative and PIs are free to suggest other potential topics of direct relevance. The proposals can also be a combination of several of those areas mentioned in the topics of interest.
Mars Colour Camera (MCC)
- Geomorphology and morphometric analysis of martian volcanoes
- Geomorphology and morphometric analysis of fluvial landforms
- Aeolian processes on Mars
- Dust storms
- Dust devils
- Wind streaks
- Study of genesis and direction of wind streaks on Mars
- Dark streaks
- Bright streaks
- Other streaks
- Dune movement
- Modeling Wind speeds and directions
- Combined analysis of MCC and MSM data to study dust storms, dust devils, cloud heights etc.
- Understanding the process geomorphology of canyons, gullies and outflow channels present on Mars
- Photometric correction of MCC
- Crater Size Frequency Distribution (CSFD) for surface age detection and geological mapping
- Surface change detection by comparative analysis of MCC data with international datasets
- International sensor data comparison and data merging for geomorphological and mineralogical studies
- Study of geomorphology of Mars with terrestrial analogues
Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (TIS)
- Algorithm development for analysis of TIS data
- Inversion of surface temperature of Mars using TIS data
Methane Sensor for Mars (MSM)
- Algorithm development for Methane detection in atmosphere of Mars
- Mars reflectance changes due to dynamic atmosphere using MSM
- Radiative transfer modeling in VNIR part of EM spectrum
Lyman Alpha Photometer (LAP)
- atmospheric escape process addressing especially water loss mechanisms in Martian exosphere.
- Algorithm realization, code development and construction of a Far Ultra-violet wavelength model of radiative transfer for the Mars exosphere from 250 km onwards.
- models addressing isotopic fractionation and enrichment of deuterium.
- Assessment of Martian atmospheric escape process, especially water escape rate using the measured Hydrogen, deuterium fluxes and estimated D/H ratio.
- Combined analysis of LAP and MENCA data to assess the hydrogen atomic density and distribution in Martian exosphere.
- Integrated studies of LAP payload data with other international Mars missions.
Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA)
- Exopsheric composition of Mars
- Atmospheric escape from Mars