Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Department of Space. Home / About / Vision-Mission-Objectives
Harness, sustain and augment space technology for national development, while pursuing space science
research and planetary exploration.
Design and development of launch vehicles and related technologies for providing access to space.
Design and development of satellites and related technologies for earth observation,
communication, navigation, meteorology and space science.
Communication programme for meeting telecommunication, television broadcasting and developmental
Satellite-based Remote Sensing programme for management of natural resources and monitoring of
environment using space based imagery.
Space based navigation system
Space based Applications for Societal development.
Research and Development in space science and planetary exploration.
Promote and authorise private firms to play key role in global Space market
• Operational flights of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle ( PSLV),
Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV)
and Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV)
• Design and development of New Space Transportation solutions
• Design, Development and Realization of Communication Satellites
• Design, Development and Realization of Earth Observation Satellites.
• Development of Navigation Satellite Systems
• Development of satellites for Space Science and Planetary Exploration
• Earth Observation Applications
• Space based systems for Societal Applications
• Advanced Technologies and newer initiatives
• Training, Capacity building and Education
• Promotion of Space technology
• Infrastructure / Facility Development for space research
• International Cooperation
• Commercial utilisiation of the products and services emanating from the Indian space
• Promotion & Authorisation of Indian private firms in Space sector